I have been in quite the mood lately to crochet, EAR WARMERS mostly, but I have made a couple of hats. Today I am going to share with a pattern, I kind of came up with it. What I mean I have this pattern and it works, but it never seems to come out like it should. So sitting with Alex and talking I was doing every ear warmer a little different. After about 5 ear warmers, I finally had the pattern to where it was simple and understandable. Now, this will be my first ever pattern I am doing. So if for some reason it seems confusing, let me know and I will be happy to help.
Ear Warmer Pattern
ch - chain
beg - begin
sl st - slip stitch
sc - singal crochet
dc - double crochet
1. beg with a loop and ch enough to fit around your head.
It doesn't have to be tight but comfortable. I have been making mine between 50 to 60 chains.
2. sc in the second stitch from your hook. Then you will want to sc in the next 9 stitches.
3. Now dc, till you are at ten stitches at the other end.
4. Once you reach where you have ten stitches on the end, you will sc to the end. ch one and turn.
5. sl st in the next ten stitches.
6. dc till you reach your ten stitches.
7. sl st in the next ten stitches. ch one and turn.
8. Repeat steps 2 - 7 till your ear warmer is at the width you like.
I would end up with five rows on mine.
I added flowers, hearts and made some leaves for one.
I love www.raverly.com for patterns. Especially when you can find them for free.
You can find me on there under hkaluf, come and follow along and I will make sure to follow you back.
Hope you all have a wonderful week!